Breakfast Bible Time

Over the last few years, we've incorporated reading the Bible with our breakfast routine. When we first began, we read our storybook Bibles from cover to cover, sometimes matching up the reading with the Gospel reading for the day. When we have time, we also read about the saint of the day.

Something I've loved about this practice is how familiar the figures in the Bible are becoming to my children (and me!). I'm loving watching as my children act out Bible stories, such as the day they created slingshots to take down Goliath. 


Now that the kids are getting older, we've begun doing Bible studies together over breakfast. We started with a Fruit of the Spirit flashcard series and are now switching over to Into the Deep's Catholic catechesis for homeschool (even though we don't homeschool). I also read from the Story of All Stories on days we don't do a formal Bible study!


Here are a few other studies I plan to do with the kids in the future! (Check out Catholic Sprouts, Blessed is She, and Into the Deep for most of these studies)



Maybe breakfast isn't the ideal time to read the Bible for your family. It could be after dinner or before bed. But I encourage you to pick a time and do your best to stick with it day after day. The conversations and the growth of your child's Christ-centered imagination will be beautiful to witness! 

đź“– Read about choosing storybook Bibles here!


Popular Posts

Collectables